Saturday, July 17, 2021

The cutting room floor

The view from Sean's camera, as used by the YES Network

The YES Network visited Dutchess Stadium a few weeks ago for the show Homegrown: The Path to Pinstripes. The program highlights the minor league teams for the Yankees.

The camera and a microphone made their way into the booth during their visit where they recorded Spencer Pierce and me as we called the action. The Gades even scored a run while the YES microphone was right next to me.

It was very cool if not a little intimidating.

The show aired last night. Spencer texted me and I watched as I wound down for the night here in North Carolina.

So many familiar faces in the Renegades family were seen but Spencer and I were left out. I know Spencer was bummed and, sure, so was I but that's the nature of the beast. It's not the first time it's ever happened to me.

What did appear was some footage of Anthony Seigler hitting a game-winning grand slam on June 26 against Wilmington. That was taken from our broadcast, meaning that it's the work of Sam Eisenbaum directing and each of the crew working the cameras.

That means Sean Adams can say his work has been seen on the YES Network.

The important thing is that the team was the star. From the players to the front office to Sean and Sam, they all get to share in something very exciting.

I don't need the glory. I'm a part of that team.

So if you can find it, give the latest edition of Homegrown a look to learn about the inner workings of the Renegades.

I was proud as a dad and as a colleague to watch the whole thing. It's not about me.

I'm proud of the players and everyone involved!

No comments: