Friday, July 23, 2021

Night one

Rhode Island and Connecticut kicked the day off

The first four games of the 2021 Babe Ruth New England Regional are over.

There were roughly 26 innings of baseball. Some 600 pitches were thrown. There were a lot of swings, misses, hits, errors, and runs.

And that was just in the booth.

Shawn Sailer was a godsend for me, serving as a companion when I felt like I was fried. Those are also the only games of the tournament he will be around for. He's going away tomorrow.

So now it's up to me starting tomorrow. I'll make it work.

My voice feels good and my spirit is OK. There were mostly positive comments. There was one game that got out of hand (a 10-0 New Hampshire win in game three) and the other games were pretty good.

The host team played well and won so my companions in the booth were happy.

I turned things off and walked out when it was all over. Then I made my way back to New York to write a Gades game story (they lost) and compose a quick post here.

I'm tired.

It's just the first night.

There is a lot more baseball to be played.

Back at it tomorrow. The first game is at 10 a.m.

No comments: