Tuesday, July 27, 2021

My kind of day

 

Game three of baseball!

I'm sitting at Dutchess Stadium and we're in a weather delay.

That is to say, it rained a little but we're concerned about more rain/thunder/lightning/snow/whatever (it's Christmas in July tonight).

So here I sit. I want to call baseball tonight but I do it with gratitude now that I'm here.

You see, this will be game three of the day. When I do start talking it will be the 15th inning of baseball that I've called today.

My voice feels good and so I'm beyond thrilled. 

I've called 101 innings since last Friday. 

I'm living the dream.

Whether it was this morning in Trumbull with 13-15-year-olds or calling minor league baseball, I loved all of it.

*****

The Renegades just finished up with a loss, 5-4, and it's 11:21 p.m., so I'm going to stop here and say goodnight. I still have work to do before sleep and one more Babe Ruth game to go.

Listen in. It's always entertaining.

No comments: