Sunday, November 01, 2020

Darkness in November


 

I love fall.

I love so much about it.

The air is different. The World Series is played. I like many of the clothes. The leaves changing. Football. Cider donuts.

But I hate today.

I hate the feeling of the impending doom (aka "Winter"). In other words, give me three seasons. Not four.

I detest that it's 5:30 p.m. and it's pitch black outside.

It's depressing. There's no other way to put it.

With today, March 14 can't get here soon enough. That, according to Alexa, is when we turn clocks forward.

But but but but...Thanksgiving. Christmas. All the holidays! All the feels!

The Super Bowl. College football! Valentine's Day! Come on, man, what is wrong with you?!?

Save for the sports elements, blech. All of it.

Look, late-November to early January has been a train wreck to me for years.

The family element. The loneliness. The juggling. The pressure. 

This year will be a touch worse without Mom.

I'm sure some kind of holiday plan will materialize  

I did read where the quarantine has been lifted for New Yorkers, with the caveat that those traveling must have a test done.

Maybe being alone is just the best plan, like I did in 2014. Yes, I spent Christmas alone (and I'm not really all that fond of that either). 

The one year I need a game on Thanksgiving...is the year I won't have a game to broadcast on Thanksgiving. I'll be sleeping in that morning, I guess.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. No point in worrying about it.

I haven't even addressed Tuesday. Ah yes. Tuesday. Let's just say I'm less than enamored with the way a lot of people have conducted themselves. I'm personally considering writing my cat's name in*.

(*No, I won't.)

I don't care what happens Tuesday night (and after, because it won't be over). We're so divided.

Anyway, happy November, I guess.

No comments: