Thursday, November 19, 2020

Relax

 



You might be aware that I was part of an interview with two significant people last night.

Jim Leyritz was great and, on any other night, I'd be talking more about that.

But interviewing Doc Emrick -- a true icon -- was beyond fantastic.

My post last night highlighted a few nitpicks. Standard fare.

However, Susan drilled down.

"This was amazing," she texted me.

She was right but, as usual, I lacked my ability to chill the bleep out and enjoy it.

I explained why. I have a long history of allowing myself a moment and soon getting walloped by an anvil. It's a pure cartoon character thing.

So, while I was happy, I was typically low-key and thinking about how it could have been better.

She reminded me to live in the moment.

"Viewers gave you credit and support," she said. "Focus on the positive. You talked to a hero today."

Dammit. I had nothing. No argument. No response, really. She was right.

Like I said, I have my reasons. I have too many examples. Yet, she was absolutely correct.

I was happy with last night but I didn't project that and Susan was totally correct. I do need to enjoy smaller moments and calm down.

Honestly, that's the message tonight.

Frankie said, "Relax," and I should listen.

No comments: