Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Process

My moment of zen: Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs, FL (visittampabay.com)

 

Trust the process, they say.

Does that include dogs*it blogs?

The "process" begins at some point every day.

What will I write about?

Something might strike me, or I'll carry an idea from a previous day.

Every once in a while, I'll get an idea and write the post a day ahead, though I admit that's rare.

Most days, I just try to react to what I see and hear. Some days I have an idea that is outside the scope of the day-to-day of life.

Then, as I've often highlighted, there are those days where I just have nothing.

Or I lack the energy, meaning I'm not going to dive into the research for something more involved.

And then there are those bad nights. The nights where something has climbed into my craw and I just want to post a picture, video, whatever, and walk away.

But, somehow, here we are, keeping on doing what we do.

We're here through every...thing.

There was a time where I just wouldn't write. That's why the blog languished from 2014-2018. I was busy/didn't have the energy/wasn't inspired/whatever.

And there were readers who misinterpreted and reported to others. It caused me grief.

So here I sit, babbling through another post as I work another long night.

As for that moment of zen at the top of the post, I think about that often. I'm not the biggest beach goer. Not even close. I normally get bored easily, fear sunburn and the bright sun can hurt my eyes. Then I bought a beach tent and it made things more tolerable. At that point, I'd bring a device, throw headphones in to listen to music and either read or slept.

So the idea of being back on that beach for a couple of hours is pretty sweet.

Followed by a round of (crappy) golf.

I'd like to believe I'll see it again one day.

We've made it through another post. Now the process begins for tomorrow.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

No comments: