Saturday, February 01, 2020

Match Game '20


Get ready to match the stars! Bill Macy...Brett Somers...Charles Nelson Reilly...Elaine Joyce...Richard Dawson...and Betty White!

As we play the star-studded big money MATCH GAME '20!

And here's the star of the Match Game, Gene Rayburn!

"Thank you, and welcome. Let's skip forward, past meeting our contestants, and get to round number one!

"Rob Adams is so dumb"... (Audience: "HOW DUMB IS HE?!")

"He's so dumb his mind is BLANK!"

No, seriously. My mind is blank. I'm just one big scrambled egg and I've been trying to tell you that for roughly two weeks.

I was in Danbury yesterday when I had a feeling of deja vu.

"I was just here," I said out loud to nobody, except the ghost of Rob Past in the car. "But, when was it?"

It took a second. Maybe five. Then, suddenly, I blurted out...

"DUMMY! You were on this very road yesterday when you went to pick something up at Fed Ex!"

Just ugh.

I was driving to an appointment at another point when I went to make a right turn. Then I hesitated. Was I going the right way? (Full disclosure: Yes)

Come on, now.

I was back in my happy place, calling hockey and having fun today. When I got home, I was sitting on the couch. I passed out and was snoring so loudly I woke myself up.

So I'm just babbling. There's a football game tomorrow. Go team.

The rat race returns again on Monday.

By the way, Richard Dawson was always the best Match Game player by far, and there were no better years of Family Feud than the ones he hosted. But, damn, he matched players nearly every time. The guy was brilliant.

No comments: