Saturday, January 04, 2020

The Force Has Always Been With Us



I won't give anything up. There are still people who haven't seen it yet.

But I saw Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker today and I'll leave my review at this: I loved it.

And so ends a 42-year run of seeing these movies, beginning with Star...er...A New Hope in 1977.

I've been to each of the newer ones with my and got to see this one with my mom as well. I saw the first one with her back in '77.

We're not sure she's seen any since so Sean and I had to catch her up a bit.

I think Daisy Ridley is special. I feel the same about John Boyega. Adam Driver brings enormous intensity.

But, again...spoilers.

As I sit here, I feel like this is the best Star Wars movie I've seen in...well...let's go with a long time. I think it actually saved the franchise from the thing known as The Last Jedi.

What made me so happy is that Sean is really happy also. He had initially thought the movie was going to be a "dumpster fire," but it was anything other than that.

So that's my -- and our -- review, without giving anything up. We enjoyed the nods to the past. We loved where the story went.

We were impressed.

If you've loved Star Wars, I'd suggest you go. If not? Well, the special effects were good, per my mother.

That sums it up right there.

No comments: