Friday, January 17, 2020

In Need of a Kick

Paula Cole
I recently had to do something I really didn't want to do. I finished it this morning.

We've visited this place before.

And in the middle of this, I began to feel guilty.

It was at that moment, I put a "Kick Me" sign on my back.

I told someone what I was thinking.

"You better not be feeling that," was a paraphrase of what was said.

I needed that.

Yes, I can be soft on occasion. Too nice, I've been told.

So I was grateful for the reminder.

As for what went on this morning, it wasn't that big of a deal. It was just a procedural thing, but it still weighed on my mind.

I'm glad it's over.

And after that, I heard Paula Cole. Yeah. Paula Cole of "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone" and that Dawson's Creek song.

Tell me: Exactly when was the last time you heard Paula Cole?

In a span of, oh, two hours (maybe), I heard Paula-freaking-Cole three times. In three different places.

It doesn't appear that there was any reason to hear Paula Cole. It was just random.

And so, that was the kind of day it was.

Yippie ki, yippie ay.

No comments: