Monday, November 17, 2008

Off The Bench...

Or as I feel like calling this edition, "Kibbles and Bits."

I don't know why. I just want to.

I've always been one to listen to music or the radio or something when working. That includes homework. Just something I do. So today I got so crazed with the "white noise" in the office that I listened to KFWB out of Los Angeles (think 1010 WINS, as they even have the same slogan- "you give us 22 minutes...we'll give you the world"). Here's what I found out: traffic on the 405 stinks.

I'm always here to help.

I can't hide from the fact that at 7:29 on Saturday morning, it will be official - I'm 40. So be it. If you know me, then you know age means very little to me. There was a stretch where I felt my age (most of it was roughly the end of last year and early this year). Now, I'm back to being a mix of young-at-heart and realistically mature.

My son seems to like this guy he calls "Daddy." That's good enough for me. A few other people give me positive reviews, so I guess I'm doing OK.

I'm not thrilled about what I'm seeing in the mirror, but I'll deal with it.

Nosy coworkers - the enemy of all.

I've said it. I feel better for it.

I had a chance to go watch the "big fight" the other night with The Killer and Nick "Sly" Fox. The Greenwich-Westhill farce...err...game kind of wore me out and the fight didn't start until after I was sound asleep. I would have liked to have gone - stuff like that is good for me, but sleep has been a minor issue of late.

Then again, my health has been a minor issue. I mean, I shouldn't have a cold that saps my voice for TWO WEEKS.

Oh, why was GHS-Westhill a farce? Well not so much because of the game action (although Greenwich kind of won big...43-14), but the technical problems just wear me out. We dealt with it towards the end of Brunswick-Trinity Pawling last week, and it happened again this week.

I'll be blunt - it's embarrassing. I fashion WGCH Sports as being the best in the biz, and stuff like this looks bad. I do have to tip the fedora to Dana DeSimone, listening intently and texting to keep me up to date as to how we sounded.

She's a good one, I tell ya. I'm glad we're friends.

Yet the problems were such that I looked at The Killer and said, "I just don't know if I can deal with it this week." Then, as I've done for 10 years, I sucked it up and moved along.

This is how we roll, I suppose.

Nick Swisher...welcome to New York. I'll say on the record that I'm glad you're here. The upside is big.

11-10 Steelers? You kidding me? Um...earth to offense...SCORE! I mean, 13 penalties for the Burgh and just two for the Bolts?

More to say...can't talk now...changes afoot. Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch.

5 comments:

Rob Crowley said...

I enjoyed that. It was like a combination of Larry King and those NY Post Society Roundups - short, succinct points, with a little edge, a little humor and a dash of truth. Just had to note - brought a smile to my face.

Anonymous said...

It should have been 18-10, but the referees were clearing not watching the game! haha...and remember Rob, "You're always young at heart!"

~F.O.X~

Rob Adams said...

Gents - thanks for checking in. So I've got two-thirds of the fabulous WGCH crew commenting, but where's The Killer? All we need is a solid "waka waka" from him or something and all will be well.

And yes, "young at heart" has always been my philosophy. The age thing is so overdone!

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

Waka waka!

Rob Crowley said...

HAHAHA! Play it again, this time in rounds!

Love it,

Rob