Saturday, March 29, 2008

Quickly Off The Bench

Stopped by Cardinal Yard today in Greenwich (that's where Greenwich plays their baseball names, and I felt that they needed a better field name than "Greenwich High School Baseball Field") and saw the Cards whip Port Chester in a scrimmage. If all goes according to plan, I will be with the Cardinals for every pitch (give or take) of the 2008 season. Coach Mike Mora introduced me to the squad and said I was a "good luck charm."

Um...Coach? You know I love baseball and being with the Cards, but the team has won one FCIAC Championship since I called my first game in April 1999. I'm just letting you know that I'm not good luck.

Speaking of baseball...HUGE NEWS! I got the email I've been waiting for - to let me know our roster and name for Sean's (aka "The Son") soft toss Carmel Sports Association (CSA) team. Ladies and gentlemen (Met's fans, please hold your projectile vomit), Sean will play for...and I will coach...THE BRAVES!


Logo credit to Chris Creamer's ridiculously awesome Sports Logo site.

Does this mean Sean will be Chipper Jones? Will I...since I'm technically the assistant coach...be Leo Mazzone? No...and No. What this means is that we'll have a blast again (I hope), just as we did when we were T-Ball Giants in 2007. We'll get underway sometime in the next week. Incidentally the Giants will be in the good hands of friends. There's a chance I may join them to assist from time to time. What can I tell you? I love this freaking game.

Oh, if you have nothing better to do, please check out WGCH (1490 on your AM dial) between 6:00am and 9:00am this Monday and Wednesday (and the following Tuesday as well). I'll be anchoring our NewsCenter, filling in for Tony Savino, who thinks it's his patriotic duty to run off to Florida for the Mets' opener against the Marlins. He reports that it's 80 degrees and sunny down there.

He's just paying me back for when I was in Naples last November.

Among my many guests will be the Governor of Connecticut, M. Jodi Rell, and the truly one and only Sean G. Kilkelly (aka "The Killer"). I'll also interview the mayor of the good city of Stam-Ford, Dan Malloy.

Truly good times, and fine listening for all. And if you can't get enough, join me from 12-12:30pm on those same days for more merriment.

No comments: