Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Has the World Gone Bleeping Mad?

OK, I'm in a mood today. Yep, it's happening too often lately. Having no heat in the house will do that to a guy.

First, we had the story of what went down between Greenwich and Trinity Catholic in hockey, with an arrest, and all the other shenanigans.

Now, I hear about this from the FCIAC Championship, with the key sentences being:
Police arrested eight high school hockey spectators on charges of brawling in the Terry Conners Rink parking lot and fighting with officers after Saturday night's county championship game between Darien and New Canaan high schools.

Future hockey games between the rivals will be played in the afternoon, officials said yesterday.
Yeah, because that's the answer.

As always, Tim Parry's fabulous FCIAC Football Blog (which is about much more than football and the FCIAC, truth be told) has more, and there are plenty of people who are happy to post comments there, so the rhetoric just rolls on!

Next up is this! Are you just fooking kidding me?
A group of men — some with Irish accents — beat up a 23-year-old Cambridge man and sent him to the hospital after they spotted him sporting a Yankees baseball cap.
Ask me again why I don't flaunt my team colors when I go to another team's building? Yet you should be able to at least wear the hat when walking around town. But I guess I shouldn't be shocked. If Bostonians are willing to make comments to my young nephews, then anything's possible.

Oh New York's no better, by the way.

Please people, I'm begging you. I realize to many of us that it's more than just a game (I HATE that saying), but can you please get a perspective on it all?

Oh don't look for me with a microphone at tonight's Greenwich-Danbury basketball playoff game, any more than you might have looked for me at last night's GHS-Daniel Hand hockey playof tilt (which Greenwich won in double overtime). And don't hold your breath for us to be in Hamden. Sorry - I'm deeply embarrassed and frustrated...that's all I'm saying.

No comments: