Sunday, January 06, 2008

Steelers Done

Well I guess that was fun if you're a football fan. It wasn't fun if you're a Steelers fan (like I am). For the second time in about a month, the Steelers and Jaguars played at Heinz Field. The Jags built up a comfy lead, and the Steelers nipped away at it. In the case of last night's game, the Stillers actually came all the way back and took the lead. Yet in the case of each game, the Jags found a way to win.

Season over...drive home safely.

Barring a Tennessee win today, the Jags will play the Patriots next week in Foxboro. I wouldn't have liked the Steelers chances, but I would have been happy to have had the opportunity.

One of my rules of sports is that when you make a big comeback, you finish the job. The Steelers didn't do that. Give credit to the Jaguars and quarterback David Garrard (who went to East Carolina...where I almost went) for getting the job done.

Now I become an observer of the NFL for the rest of the playoffs. Of the remaining teams, only the Patriots and Cowboys are the ones that I don't want to win. Hence you have your matchup for Super Bowl XLII!

Enjoy the Sunday games.

No comments: