Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Hump Day

Guess what day it is!

 Can one have a case of the Wednesdays?

We know that in the classic cult movie "Office Space" the term "a case of the Mondays" became part of the lexicon.

But a case of the Wednesdays?

Let's be honest, it's simply a question of being glum. Or, worse, in a bad mood. Beyond that, you have the blues or something else.

My heart isn't into today.

Despite whatever forces pull at me, I know my mind is elsewhere.

And that's the part that bugs me.

I know who I am and where I belong.

And yet I'm here. With a sleeping cat.

Later, I'll be in Mount Kisco for another delightful edition of "The Clubhouse."

I'm passing on "Doubleheader" today because, honestly, I need my voice tomorrow night and then Friday and Saturday.

I know I mentioned that my throat hurt on Sunday night. Well, let's say the sore throat was the beginning of a head cold.

It's not what you want, especially when your voice is your calling card.

I'm gargling salt water, taking Fishermans Friend throat drops, medicine, blah blah blah.

I'm resting. That is, at least when the phone isn't ringing.

And I'm working without stressing myself. 

That's best for me.

These are the types of days where I just need to keep my head down and survive. 

Then survive tomorrow.

And so on.

*****

I'm back home from "The Clubhouse." We had another good show and the team, especially Mark Jeffers, said how happy they were that I was there.

I still have a voice. I'll need it through Saturday night.

I felt I belonged elsewhere but sometimes the road leads us to different places.

In this case, the road is blocked.

So, doing what I thought was best, I stayed home and went to the show.

But if you know me then you know.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: