Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Tonight I'll Just Say 'Thanks'

 

Photo: Downy (not my laundry)

There's laundry to do.

I want to put new sheets on my bed.

And, oh yeah, I'm tired.

So I'm willing to keep things to a minimum tonight. I got a nice note from an unnamed friend yesterday, telling me to keep telling the stories that I've been telling. It is cathartic for sure but it's also nerve-wracking.

The response to last night's apartment hunting announcement has been very kind. While I appreciate the words of support, it's the responses that had actual action (there were one or two) that meant the most. I'm in touch with a realtor and we'll take it from here.

I've tried to imagine transitioning a living room into a place for Sean when comes over, if necessary. I'm just trying to make it all work and, if I'm being really honest, it could really be a short-term thing.

So thank you, especially to Jim Campbell, for putting me in touch with a realtor. Thank you to everyone else for the love and support.

I was back on the hockey front today, calling Brunswick against Lawrenceville* today. The Bruins won and it was one of the broadcasts that I felt decent about. I felt "on," meaning I was OK with the flow of everything.

That doesn't mean it was great or anything like that but it was better than most I guess.

*Lawrenceville was where Huey Lewis went to school and I threaded a few song titles into the broadcast. Let's see, "Heart and Soul," "Simple as That," "So Little Kindness,” plus lyrics to "The Heart of Rock and Roll" all got mentioned. I could have done more, of course.

I actually had a woman stop by following the broadcast to introduce herself to me. She said she was from Florida and that she's gotten into watching her grandson play on the broadcasts -- and I'm still stunned by this -- because of me.

Like, me? What?

Another parent stopped me outside and said that his daughter is embarrassed every time I mention her on the air (her brother plays for the team).

"Truth is," the father said, "she loves it. She tells her friends. It's a big deal because it's you. You're a local legend."

Er. OK. I might feel stronger about that if I was calling more hockey around Greenwich but I digress.

Anyway, it's not about me. I just love calling the games. I'd like to believe it's what I'm meant to do.

I wish more people felt that way.

That's for another time.

I wore myself out today, so this is all for tonight.

Again, thanks for the support. We'll figure the living space out soon.

No comments: