Monday, February 21, 2022

Let's Get Going

 


I'm so excited for the next couple of weeks.

That's it. That's the topic here. Let me break it all down.

Tomorrow, 2/22: FCIAC girls basketball semifinals (at Trumbull)
6pm: #1 St. Joseph vs. #4 Ridgefield
7:45 #2 Ludlowe vs. #7 Stamford.

Wednesday, 2/23 (also Sean's birthday): FCIAC girls ice hockey semifinals (at Darien)
4pm: #1 New Canaan vs. #4 Greenwich
5:50: #2 Stamford/Westhill/Staples co-op vs. #3 Darien

Also, please note Wednesday night is the season premiere of "The Clubhouse." It pains me that I can't be at O’Connor’s Public House (222A Main St, Mt Kisco, NY 10549) but such is the juggling act. Mark Jeffers, Dave Torromeo, and Bob Small will guide things perfectly fine. Trust me, I won't be missed. Listen to the show at 7pm on WGCH and wgch.com. I hope to be back in March.

Thursday, 2/24, 7pm: FCIAC girls basketball championship (at Trumbull).

Brunswick basketball will also be playing in the FAA semifinals on Thursday.

Friday, 2/25, 7pm: Trinity-Pawling visits Brunswick for hockey in the final home game of the regular season.

Saturday, 2/26:

3:50 pm: FCIAC girls ice hockey championship (at Darien). Looks like I won't be on this call. This could be good because...

Time TBD: FAA boys basketball championship (and I'll be on this call if Brunswick is involved).

Also on Saturday are the FCIAC boys hockey quarterfinals. Always possible I jump on a call of one of those.

Sunday, 2/27: I breathe (and probably go to Poughkeepsie to be on "Poughkeepsie Nissan Sunday Sports with Zolz")

Next week, remove Brunswick basketball and girls sports and replace it with FCIAC boys hockey and basketball as well as Brunswick hockey. At last check, I'm supposed to call all of it, including the boys hockey championship, which I'd very much like to do as it's been a few years.

If you don't know, I love calling playoffs and championships and you know my philosophy by now.

I've seen most of the spring schedules as well. Let's just keep this train rolling.



No comments: