Friday, September 03, 2021

Sometimes Silence is Best

 


There have been nights where I've just wanted to say nothing. Literally, post a picture or just say "Not tonight" and press "Publish."

For the most part, I haven't done that but tonight just feels that way.

It's just one of those tsunami nights that happen on occasion. It starts with an earthquake and then all hell breaks loose.

So wave upon wave comes crashing into my skull and it's best to just not ponder it. Move along, as we always do.

So with an aim towards not being maudlin, we'll just keep thoughts to a minimum.

A year ago tonight I glanced at Mom after a long day of doctor's appointments. She texted me about orange juice later on and I told her it was in the refrigerator.

Then came Sep 4.

Back with football tomorrow.

Among myriad emotions.

No comments: