Sunday, September 12, 2021

I Could Use a Snickers

 


I'm finally home after a long weekend.

Not really a great weekend. Just a weekend.

And that's the thing. I know I'm in a lousy mood.

Three games, a talk show, and probably 200 miles of racing around the Hudson Valley and Connecticut.

Then throw in a broadcast I'm unhappy with (mostly because I allowed myself to get too hungry) and, well, I'm "hangry." 

So it feels like I'm best to just say nothing, you know?

There are plenty of positives. The Steelers won today and, yet, the Twitter geniuses feel that we need to dump on Ben Roethlisberger. Yet another edition of "you don't know what you're talking about."

The Renegades are three out of a playoff spot with six to play. Let the run begin on Tuesday and, hopefully, I won't suck on the air. I love that it's on my shoulders to broadcast the hell out of the upcoming series.

I know there's a whole crew beyond time, of course, on the TV/video but, in truth, on the radio side, so long as Jeff Semancik keeps things purring in the Z93 studio, it's all on me.

Still, it's a team effort, of course.

Greensboro fans will be watching and listening. I accept that responsibility to bring them a good call and, of course, to be fair.

Anyway, beyond that, anything else tonight will just be babbling.

I suppose that's why I just sometimes want to end "The Streak." I feel like it's a bad online diary. So, if I really don't have anything to say (and I feel like tonight's one of those nights) isn't it just better to not post this time of nonsense?

Anyway, I'm babbling. Like I said.

Tomorrow's another game.

No comments: