Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Hello Again

 

I went to the suit store! (Or Kohl's)

I feel like I'm reentering the world after 61 baseball broadcasts (plus Babe Ruth Baseball, Delaware Valley Youth Sports, and various high school events, etc).

In some ways, I've been in a fog and I spent most (well, all) of yesterday trying to clean up some loose ends).

So it was that I happened to glance at my calendar only to find out I had a podcast recording...in ten minutes. I cleaned myself up, got a script from ace Erik Boender at Hunt Scanlon, and recorded away!

I had something similar this morning when I finally got some real sleep. Well, real sleep meaning that I slept until Rascal decided he wanted food. 

Again, I looked at the calendar and realized I had to teach tonight at CSB! So, here I sit, waiting for class to start.

And there's another podcast tomorrow. And a Brunswick soccer game (if they want me). And "The Clubhouse."

Thursday is...at the moment...clean and Friday is football at Shelton (if they'll allow me*).

*Shelton is an NFHS School. If you don't know what that is, they are, essentially, a streaming sports broadcasting outlet that carries various events through their cameras. Sometimes there is commentary (Aiden Blanc did it for Fairfield Ludlowe) while others run silent. A full production can also be set up on it (that's what the CIAC does in Connecticut for state championships).

Please note that Rob in now way, shape, or form offered any opinion or commentary above in his continuing attempt to say nothing bad. We applaud Rob for his restraint and now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post.

One thing NFHS does is often control the message, that is to say, that they stop other broadcasters (especially video broadcasters) from covering a game. They have also attempted to occasionally stop audio broadcasts, especially those who stream online. Because, heaven forbid, there are those who don't want to pay for whatever NFHS is broadcasting as opposed to the free audio provided by...

...

Me.

Yes. I'm a threat. I hear this a lot.

I'm really not a bad person. I promise.

Anyway, Brunswick football is along on Saturday and an appearance Zolz's radio show is Sunday.

Then? Maybe I can take a break.

The truth is I was going to do a full shutdown yesterday and get out of town, either with Sean or without. Part of me was up for a "Rob trip" featuring things that probably wouldn't interest Sean. But part of me was for a "boys trip" which would have included Waffle House (I mean, come on).

But I have two weddings in October (which I have bought a suit for -- look at me! All on my own!) and prices for hotels have been disgusting everywhere. 

Plus I need some car work done. Tires, strange lights on, stuff like that. I'll deal.

So here I sit, waiting for the class to come in, so I can dazzle them**.

** I've actually heard my class is one of the most popular. Obviously, the sports fans love it but others love it because I keep the pressure off of them and sort of "demystify" the sports world. I don't want to overwhelm them or bore them so I try to tell stories and engage them. Sometimes it works.

So, yeah, I guess I'm back in the world.

As if I've never left.

No comments: