Thursday, April 04, 2019

The Tank Is Empty


Some nights, I'm simply drained.

Tonight is one of them.

I called the Ossining/Mahopac baseball game today, and it was wonderful. Mahopac had a 1-0 lead before the Pride took a 5-1 lead. The Pac cut it to 5-2 on a balk before they exploded for five in the bottom of the sixth.

Final score: Mahopac 7, Ossining 5.

It was enthralling, not due to any rooting interest, but due to pure excitement. There weren't a ton of walks, and there were only two errors (by my scorecard). There were clutch hits and mostly solid defense.

I truly enjoyed it.

It got windy and colder and I didn't have a heavy enough jacket on.

The five-minute ride home was also a huge benefit.

But I'm worn out.

So I'm just going to post the game and call it a night.

No comments: