Monday, April 01, 2019

Just One of Those Nights

Found via Google search
It's a Monday night.

There are topics. I'll sometimes sketch a few ideas down, then I'll decide if I want to attack it.

I plopped down in my chair tonight with the Yankees on and drifted off.

For what it's worth, they won

But I was feeling total exhaustion. Meaning I'll be up all night (or part of it).

So despite having things that are worth writing about, I'm just not feeling it.

High school baseball is back, and that's great. I'll get my first call on Thursday when Mahopac hosts Ossining. At one time, it would have been a matchup of Indians versus Indians, as is the case when John Jay of Cross River meets The Pac.

When I covered an Ossining football game in 1999 (calling it from a science room, looking from top to bottom), they were also the Indians.

Early in the 2000s, Ossining succumbed to the pressure of political correctness by announcing a change to their mascot. They tried using "Riverhawks" because, er, their location on the Hudson River and they liked hawks?

Either way, the name didn't stick and they soon started using no mascot (just going with "The O"). It appears, at least for now, they've settled on "Pride" as their name.

Personally, I'm glad Mahopac (and John Jay Cross River) have stuck with being the Indians since that's what we were when my siblings and I each went to MHS. Our hometown is also very proud of the Native American ties, with Mahopac meaning “The Lake of the Great Serpent” in Algonquin.

Anyway, I'm sort of babbling. That game is Thursday at 4 p.m. on http://mixlr.com/robcasting-radio/.

1 comment:

Nicole M said...

Hope to see you there my friend! Great post.