Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Missing Me?

Somehow, the idea of posting a "missing person" poster didn't seem all that funny.  But post a picture of Missing Persons and by gum you have comic gold!

I've been in the lost and found (blogerifically speaking, of course).  A weekend in Albany (more or less) with Carrie's family made for a lot of fun (two words: GARBAGE PLATE!  Though not the original one in Rochester...and yes, that was more than two words).  Then I worked Monday (yes!  Work!).  Then I worked Tuesday (double YES!).  In between I was doing other things.  So those with the cries of "post more, stupid!" had to wait their turn.

Your friendly neighborhood bench-rider has returned, as well-rested as Jorge Posada in the ninth inning of last night's victory.

I do have a question though.  Did I miss anything around New York?  I mean, nothing went on in New York baseball, right?  All is well, no? 

Oh, good.  Normally the idiocy in New York is handled by the Steinbrenner's and the Boss is in the big boardroom in the sky, so I just imagined that everything is fine.

Or not.

Doesn't Portland need a baseball team?  Or Vancouver?  Or anyone else?

Just asking.

Oh, and I've joined the smart phone universe.  The long national nightmare is over.  So I've got that going for me.

This should not happen (Stuck in the 80's).  Michael Hutchence isn't coming back.  (See: Queen, Freddie Mercury)

This is a question that I have pondered and discussed here (Behind the Steel Curtain).  Carrie and I drove past a Packers flag yesterday near Danbury, CT.  All I can do is sigh and shake my head.  There's a poll on the page asking which Super Bowl loss hurts more.  As of this moment, more people say it's the XXX loss to Dallas.  They both hurt - this one is more recent.

Well that's all for now.  Call this a brief "Off the Bench."  Other things to do...back soon (I hope).

No comments: