Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ESPN Got It Right!

Behold the best helmet design in the NFL.  Well, yeah, I think so, but don't take my word for it.  Take ESPN's!

There's something about the black with the gold stripe.  The steel shield on the right side - and ONLY the right side.  The white uniform number - one digit on each side of the gold stripe if it has two digits, or right on the gold stripe if it's a single digit.

It evokes the thoughts of hard hits and six championships (in, sadly, eight tries.  Holy cow that loss is still hurting).

I think the loss to the Packers is actually troubling me more than the loss in XXX to...I can't say it.  Google it.  It's like 2004.  It never happened.

The rest of the top 10 isn't bad, though I'm not sure I'm very high on the Browns because, well, it's just an orange helmet, and I ding the Dolphins because they have alterered what used to be a great design.

In the case of both the Steelers and Dolphins uniforms, well, that's a whole different topic.

No comments: