Monday, October 13, 2008

An Idea

Despite this pesky full-time gig that I have (you know, the non-sports part), I'd like to get out and start covering more events in person. It's great to call games, but I hate the way that I'm unable to cover other sports and teams. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and now that I've got the go-ahead, I'd like you, my humble reading audience, to submit games of interest.

This means games related to WGCH and Greenwich. The schools in question can be...

From Greenwich:
Greenwich High School
Brunswick School
Convent of the Sacred Heart
Greenwich Academy

From Westchester County:
Port Chester High School
Rye High School
Harrison High School
Blind Brook High School
(plus maybe even Rye Neck and Mamaroneck...we'll see)

Perhaps even Stamford (Stamford High, Westhill, and Trinity Catholic).

I'm sure I'm missing a school or two. Let me know if I've forgotten somebody.

This is in the beginning phase, and the Greenwich schools get first priority, but if you really think there's a game that I should be looking at, let me know. Don't forget, I get my marching orders from the bosses, so they get final veto power.

1 comment:

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

My take is that I would rather see more sports covered. Instead of just the usual sports like football, basketball etc. how about field hockey, soccer or wrestling?

I'm just sayin...