Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life in Music Titles

The other day I was checking my MySpace page when I saw a bulletin - which is basically some announcement that an individual wants all their "friends" to read. It can be one of those lame jokes, or a poll, or a quiz, or something like that - or it can be an announcement. You get the idea. Anyway, an old friend posted a "MySpace Song Thing" which allowed you to answer questions with song titles from one artist only. So I thought about it for maybe .01 seconds and started working on it. My entry is below. I've added a few witty comments to explain my logic...

Here we go... copy, paste, post again w/your answers.

Answer the questions using song titles from only one artist.

Pick an artist: Huey Lewis and the News (What were you expecting? 50 Cent? Bad Brains? John Mellancamp? Honestly, I could have used anybody - Bruce, Sinatra, The Beatles, The Eagles - but I would have let many down if I didn't go with the boys from HLN)

1.) Are you a male or female?
60 Minute Man (This was tough. "60 Minute Man" isn't a real HLN recording, but I didn't feel comfortable using "He Don't Know" as an answer. I have a live version of the boys doing "60 Minute Man" so that won.)

2.) Describe yourself:
Hip To Be Square (Uh-huh. Too easy)

3.) Describe your day?
Some of My Lies Are True (A little silly but I liked it)

4.) Describe where you currently live:
Once Upon a Time in New York City (Not really, and also not a real HLN song. Huey recorded this for the Disney movie, Oliver and Friends. I've never lived in NYC but it's close enough, right?)

5.) If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Old Antone’s (I could have used this or "The Rhythm Ranch." Both are about destinations with great music and atmosphere)

6.) Your best friend is:
The Heart of Rock and Roll (No other best friend seemed to fit)

7.) Your favorite color is:
Blue Monday (Not originally by HLN - by Fats Domino, to be exact - but the boys covered it)

8.) You know that:
It’s Alright (Well I hope it's alright but I think we have a long way to go. Moving on...)

9.) What's the weather like?:
Trouble in Paradise (It's hot today, but we could have thunderstorms tomorrow. Could also be used to describe my life right now. Again, moving on...)

10.) If your life was a television show, what would it be called?:
I Know What I Like (I do know what I like. I have a pithy line to add here, but why do it?)

11.) What is life to you?:
Walking on a Thin Line (Sometimes more than ever...)

12.) What is the best advice you have to give?:
We’re Not Here For a Long Time (We’re Here For a Good Time) (If this is true, then we am I not having too much fun? I mean, I am having fun, but I can't seem to get all of the pieces together. Oh hell - this is too philosophical. Discuss!)

13.) Describe your ex (if you have one)?:
So Little Kindness (If I had an ex...I said IF...I guess this would be the right thing to say. Or maybe "Do You Believe in Love" or "Is It Me.")

14.) Your current love interest is?:
(She’s) Some Kind of Wonderful (That she is. But the goofy side of me had about 10 different answers for this one...I suggest you ask offline for what those songs would be)

15.) What's your favorite hobby?
Whole Lotta Lovin’ (Couldn't find any other thing to fit. Nothing wrong with a little lovin', right?)

16.) When you think of your friends you think?:
You Crack Me Up (Yep)

17.) What do your friends think of you?:
Bad is Bad (Or "You Crack Me Up" or "Hip To Be Square" but I already used that)

18.) What does your current love interest think of you?:
I Ain’t Perfect (Nope...I'm not perfect, but the next line in that song is "but I'm perfect for you." I'd like to think so)

19.) You always travel with?:
Walking With The Kid (The Son! Of course!)

20.) The best way to end a long day?:
Buzz Buzz Buzz (Come on! How could I possibly use "I Want A New Drug?" I know what you'd all think! So let's put the tongue in cheek and imply a cool frosty beverage to end a long day.)

Oh the titles that I wanted to use!! Some I've already mentioned - "I Want A New Drug", "Do You Believe In Love" - but what about "The Power of Love", "Change of Heart", "Plan B", "Workin For a Livin'", and "Who Cares" among many others?

OK, now it's your turn. Either put them in the comments, or send me an email (Assuming you have an address for me)

No comments: