Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Cart Before The Horse

George M. Steinbrenner Field, Tampa, 2012

 

I made the commitment to go to Florida officially a few nights back.

I actually bought plane tickets and head down for some Spring Training and nostalgia and Waffle House and whatever else we have in store.

That's significant in that there's always something holding me up so the fact that the transactions were completed was cause for a smile.

But, me being me, I couldn't just buy the tickets and let it go.

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no.

So I began to immerse myself in rental cars and what we'll do with our cars here in Connecticut and who will look after The Cat and what we'll do in the Tampa Bay area and...

"It's OK. We've got time," I was told.

Yes. True.

I need to calm down. And yet...

Heck, I started trying to remember where some of my warmer weather clothes were stored. In the attic? In my closet? Could I begin assessing things and even pack today?

Good lord, what is wrong with me?

We've got time.

Yes. Yes we do.

I'll be OK. It will come and go in spurts. 

We'll have to figure out where we're positioning cars and how we're getting to and from the airport.

There will be time for that and deciding on a rental car. 

I've talked with someone about visiting our trusty cat.

There will be time for figuring out things to do but we kind of have a general idea.

Yes, besides Waffle House.

We'll no doubt drive out to see my grandparents house and perhaps their gravesite as well. We'll visit the Tarpon Springs Spong Docks and nearby Fred Howard Park. 

We'll probably get down to Tampa to watch the Yankees in workouts and/or in a game. Shockingly my previous Spring Training experiences were the Phillies in Clearwater and the Blue Jays in Dunedin. So, no, I've never seen the Yankees.

I've also told Sean that he can do some research and is welcome ot offer his thoughts.

But there is plenty to do.

And I have plenty of time to prepare to do it.

As I said, this burst will subside and I'll head into a day-to-day mode until it will be time to ramp back up. Simply put, I get jumpy. It's my desire to always be prepared.

There will be time to go into the attic and get the shorts down and pack. 

It's going to be good.

All good.

Even great.

But all in due time.

No comments: