Sunday, January 22, 2023

Living My Best Life?

 


I was asked about my day and, well, my answer was purely...

something.

"Just sitting in my chair. Hella exciting."

That was basically the plan of the day.

Home stuff. Writing. Feed Sean. You know, stuff like that.

Oh, and two football playoff games.

And maybe catch a little sleep since someone (not going to name names *cough...The Cat*) prefers that I feed him sometime before 6 a.m. His efforts can begin as early as 4 a.m. Now, granted, he's not always the one waking me up -- I thank getting older for that -- but he's prowling the apartment as I climb out of bed.

I try to go back to sleep. No dice.

I'll grab my AirPods. I might even put an eye mask on. There's no closing him out of my room. Trust me.

No, really, this is my life.

He'll go sleep with Sean when he's not with me but he won't nag Sean to eat. Go figure.

Ultimately, I just cave in, feed him, and try to go back to sleep.

That was this morning's plan.

So after my text was appropriately laughed at, I figured it was OK to keep the gag going. Thus, the picture.

Ugh. What a mess. The bed hair. The old LL Bean robe. The pursed lips. The hand gesture. Utterly ridiculous.

I said that I was "living large." You know, as in living my best life.

Again. Ugh.

But that was the exact idea. Besides, the presence of the cat next to me made it even more fun. He's looking at me with complete disdain. 

Justifiably.

I'm not afraid to dabble in silly. It brought the appropriate laugh and the mission was accomplished.

The rest of the day went as scheduled. Feed Sean. Watch football. 

Write.

By the way, I was rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Look, I'm no fan of the Cincinnati Bengals simply because they're in the Steelers' division. They're a very good team.

But the Bills, in my opinion, had become America's Team for a variety of reasons. The four Super Bowl losses and Damar Hamlin among them. It just feels like Buffalo has suffered enough.

Alas, scriptwriters and so-called "sports gods" don't care. The Bengals soundly beat the Bills today. Cincinnati goes to Kansas City next week.

The Cowboys and 49ers are tied as I write. The winner travels to Philadelphia.

Next week's winners head to the Super Bowl.

Lastly, is ripping on announcers the thing now? It seems to be growing on a weekly basis. If it's not Al Michaels it's Tony Romo. 

Anyway, football will soon be in the rearview mirror.

And then? Then? Spring Training follows!

But first I'll try to sleep again.

No comments: