Sunday, June 20, 2021

On Father's Day

I mentioned the "Golden Sombrero" and was handed this. 

Father's Day can present such a mixed bag.

On the one hand, it emphasizes missing my late father. On the other hand, it celebrates being Sean's father.

This year, father and son spent most of the day in a baseball stadium working together. Not a bad gig.

I don't know that I can offer anything to tell you it was a spectacular day. No, not really. It was a good day. The Renegades won and we were together. I think that's sufficient.

There was no really big hit or spectacular play. In fact, it was an ugly game featuring six errors. But, so what? We had a good day. That's enough.

Not everyone gets to do what we're doing. 

Of course, I miss my father, as this was the 33rd Father's Day without him.

So, sure, there's that, and nothing will change it.

We didn't have a special breakfast or meal. We worked, put on a solid baseball broadcast, and had pizza after it was over.

That, to me, is pretty special.

Happy Father's Day to those who are our dads, both biologically and spiritually.

Happy Father's Day to the dads still with us and those who have passed.

There are no rules. No right or wrong way.

Just Happy Father's Day.

No comments: