Wednesday, April 28, 2021

I'm too tired for a title

 

Clockwise from top left, Dave Torromeo, me, Mark Jeffers,
Ron Blomberg, and Bob Small

I'm too tapped out tonight to come up with words.

Yesterday and today were fairly insane but it's the nature of the beast.

I started today expecting to focus on a single video deposition. What I got was a lot more. Due to circumstances, I wasn't supposed to be on the Brunswick lacrosse call but fate opened the door up to do it.

So as I dealt with numerous issues and topics, I also began to see where going to the game was quite possible. The case ended much earlier than I thought and I set about pulling things together to go to Connecticut.

The game went off without a hitch and I buzzed down to the WGCH studios for the first time in months so that I could host "The Clubhouse."

I got to talk to Ron Blomberg, baseball's first designated hitter and an early idol of mine. I took great joy in telling him about wearing number 12 (his uniform number) during my first year in the Mahopac Sports Association.

Of course, I also asked him about Bobby Murcer, but we simply ran out of time for anything else. I know I could have talked about a lot more with him.

With that, I made it back home.

Numerous podcasts, questions, answers, emails, phone calls, lacrosse goals, a radio show later, it's time to reboot.

No comments: