Saturday, April 17, 2021

Hi from the road...


 

...the side of the road.

Oh yeah. That.

I called baseball and softball for WYNY Radio in Milford, PA today. For seven hours, Tony Goff and I laughed and had a ball calling these youth games.

It was cold and damp. My back ached. We got a few breaks but we were "on" all day.

All worth it. All stories worth telling.

But the journey home has not been good, culminating in blowing out a tire as I moved into the left lane to turn back on Interstate 84 near Newburgh. I knew it was bad and, sure enough, my tire blew.

And here I sit, on an entrance ramp.

I can change a tire. You bet I can. However, something is up with the lugnuts.

So right now I can't.

I have a call out for help and they should be here ASAP. But until then, I'll be in the car.

I was hoping my story to take away from my trip to Milford, PA was that I shivered a lot (despite multiple layers) and my back hurt.

Or the triple play I called (a first!).

Now it will include the blown tire.

That's baseball and road trips for ya.

No comments: