Sunday, April 11, 2021

A quick hello...friends

Hello friends

I'm logging on for a few hundred words or so.

It's a gray, humid day with a chance of rain. Sounds like a perfect day to watch The Masters and focus on other things.

Too much complaining going on. Yes, I do it as well, as I grumbled about the grumblers yesterday.

There was a professional broadcaster who, perhaps looking to curry favor with fans, took a swipe at the current rules in the league he covers. You know, the one where he makes his living. My take was 1) Not the smartest thing to do and 2) be happy you have games to call.

So that can be added to the grievances I aired yesterday.

#Individuals are Teflon so we dare not speak ill, lest they send their boys after you.

But I hear stories that just adds to the list.

Anyway, the TV is on. Jim Nantz has said, "Hello friends." The Yankees are also on TV and not playing particularly well but it's a long season.

There are 30 days until the Gades open the home schedule at Dutchess Stadium. In the meantime, my next broadcast is Thursday when Wilton lacrosse comes to Brunswick to play the Bruins. But I should tell you that next Saturday I'm calling the opening day of youth baseball and softball in Milford, PA next Saturday on WYNY Radio. First pitch is at 12:30 and I have three games on the docket.

Now, I'll have a partner, which is fine. But, you might know, I've called -- let's see -- four games in a day alone. I think that's the number. Maybe more.

Off the top of my head, these games will mark the first ones I've called in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, I digress. My understanding is you can catch the call here.

No comments: