Monday, April 12, 2021

A little rain must fall

Pour your misery down (Garbage -- the band)

It's a rainy, rather miserable night in New York.

Some are only happy when it rains.

With that said, there's enough gloom, so why add to it?

I just feel like I don't have a huge agenda to write about tonight. I've created (or helped create) three podcasts today. I sat and waited for a radio show that never happened and another podcast got postponed.

In the meantime, I turned down work (for the podcast that postponed) but will pick some more up tomorrow. It all evens out, right.

Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of last-minute things?

And the Renegades will be ramping up further (that's good, to be clear). Think about it. It's April 12th. There are 18 precious days left in this month and the season starts on May 4th. Regardless of whether I'm calling a game that night or not I'll be working as I will be writing game summaries beginning with game number one.

Game number one, in New Jersey, is 22 days away, or three weeks from tomorrow.

That first week will give me time to get to know the players, even from 120 miles away.

But there's much more to come in Gades Talk. Or Tales From the Gades Booth?

Huh.

So, with no radio show today, I couldn't talk about...

The Masters (overall boring)

The Yankees (until late yesterday they were struggling in a lot of troubling ways)

The Mets (why start that game yesterday? Conversely, maybe Stroman could not tweet everything? I mean, you didn't want Bauer due to some of his behavior but Stroman is OK?)

Spring sports in Connecticut (they've officially started and good!)

Replay trouble in Major League Baseball (I mean, the bottom line is to get it right, isn't it?)

Phil Mushnick (making racist, putrid statements about Gary Sanchez needing an interpreter. Isn't it interesting we can criticize others in the industry when it's for this but when it's for other performance issues then it's considered a no-no?)

Perhaps my thoughts would have been a hair more in-depth than that.

Anyway, I have to finish up editing a podcast that John Nash and I just recorded. Anytime I chat with anyone from the Tampa Bay area -- especially someone who was there during the years I was visiting my grandparents -- it takes me to a happy place.

That will be published sometime tomorrow.

So, I'll resume editing.

No comments: