Friday, August 09, 2019

Metsmerized!

Did anyone know about this?
I had it in my mind as I began typing to begin writing a post in which I would announce that I had seen the light.

That I was opening my heart to the Metsies of New York.

While I'll admit they're a fun team to watch, it also would be patently phony of me to suddenly climb on a Mets bandwagon.

I can certainly ride along with a fan base, but come on. Let's be real here.

Besides, no Mets fan worth their interest in David Wright would want me.

So I'll take the role of an onlooker. I'll enjoy watching the games.

Tonight's game was a great one, for instance.

Down 6-3 in the ninth inning, Todd Frazier* hit a three-run homer to tie it.

*Todd Frazier is from Toms River, NJ. He also once stood on the field at Yankee Stadium next to Derek Jeter. These are storylines that should be furthered by sports media.

The Mets soon walked it off a few batters later.

Put it in the books!

On the other hand, the New York Yankees -- the team I've rooted for since 1972 (even if Joe on Twitter doesn't buy it or whatever that dudes problem is) -- got blasted by the Blue Jays.

Brett Gardner got ejected because the home plate umpire heard "something" and figured, oh what the heck, let me throw Gardy out of the game. He seems...guilty. He's got a reputation. So he's gone.

No biggie.

Tomorrow is another day for the Savages from The Bronx.

But tonight is about the Mets.

No comments: