Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hockey is Back Indeed

One thing is for sure: Rangers fans still hate the Flyers.  But they're on my TV as I write this.

Like a good lemming, I've got the NHL on here in the Man Cave of Mahopac.  NBC is giving us the Penguins/Flyers game, and the guys from the 'Burgh have scored twice early on to take a 2-0 lead.

Doc Emrick is doing the play-by-play.  He carries Pierre McGuire along with him.

If you don't think Doc Emrick is among the best in the business (certainly the best hockey play-by-play voice), then I feel for you.  He's the best announcer not named "Scully."  I have mammoth respect for Al Michaels and Joe Buck and Jim Nantz, and on and on, but you're missing the boat if you don't include Doc in that conversation.

Or you just definitively hate hockey.  And to that, I say, shame on you.

I don't need to watch the game.  I'm working.  Cleaning.  Doing stuff.  Doc is keeping the action flowing along with word play that only Scully surpasses.

That's all.

No comments: