Saturday, February 04, 2012

Thought for the Day

I saw my friend Alyce Sinnott Kavanagh post this video on her Facebook page last night. It's a simple message from The Beatles, with a lead vocal by John Lennon, in one of his sappier songs. Still, for a Saturday morning, it's very sweet.

"If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true, and help me understand? 'Cause I've been in love before, and I've found that love is more than just holding hands."

And so it goes from there.


Thanks, Alyce!

There's an element of fear in the song, especially of being hurt. That swings towards Jeff Pearlman's recent post regarding Josh Hamilton's latest fall from grace. I found it interesting the way Jeff moved the narrative from a scoundrel friend of his to Hamilton. The Hamilton thing is sad, and I also hope he gets whatever help he needs.

No comments: