Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Hold Steady Cover "The Power of Love"

Before we proceed, it appears our friends at Blogger have updated the posting setup. As usual, I tread lightly. Just as I do with any changes to Facebook. Still, I'm more hopeful for Blogger. OK, back on course. I stumbled on this yesterday - a deal in which modern bands are faced with choosing a song from a pre-determined list. The Hold Steady grabbed a little ditty called "The Power of Love." You'll see in the video below that they're, ahem, not exactly fans of the original song, but think Huey Lewis and the News are good guys that can jump on stage and have a good ol' time. Indeed, anyone who has seen Huey with Umphrey's McGee (which they're now occasionally performing together as "Huey Lewis and the rUMors") knows what I'm talking about. Anywho, back to The Hold Steady. Here they are with their cover of HLN's classic tune.
The Hold Steady covers Huey Lewis & The News As one commenter wrote, "Meh." Agreed. I'll stick to the original, and here it is in it's complete six minute, seventeen second glory, though the quality is kind of sketchy. Regardless, watch, listen, and be taken back in time...

No comments: