Monday, February 28, 2011

The Duke and Some Links


Farewell, Duke Snider.  I know, all of Brooklyn will find me and hurt me but, despite what Dave Anderson says, Snider was never as good as Mickey or Willie.  Snider was great - no argument - but Mickey and Willie were iconic.

The only time Snider was better than the other two was, say, in 1949 or 1950...when netiher had made it to the Major Leagues.  After that, it's not a crime, but the other two were complete.  Compare Snider's 1956 to Mantle's, for instance.

In the spirit of all of the Beatles talk around here, I thought we should post this from Fusion 45 on the WNEW Blog.  The Roling Stones three best songs...the take "Waiting on a Friend" (pass), "Sympathy for the Devil" (good choice), and "Monkey Man" (AWESOME choice!).  Personally, I will always take "Heartbreaker (Doo Doo Doo Doo)", maybe "Brown Sugar" or "You Can't Always Get What You Want" or "Gimme Shelter."  I'd have to think further.

Oh, and speaking of the Liverpool Lads (WNEW)...

The Dave Duerson story is frightening and angering.  Heartbreaking.  The NFL needs to wake up...now (via Deadspin).

The not-so-beautiful game (with good seats still available!).  Kind of reminds me of the dive I saw taken during yesterday's Rangers/Lightning game (via Deadspin)!

Off to the big town to have lunch with Carrie.  Maybe I'll get around to watching my two LONG OVERDUE DVD purchases..."Caddyshack" and "Slap Shot."  Yes, I'm shocked I never owned them, too.

No comments: