Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Writer's Block...Or Something (With VIDEO)

Has it really been 11 days since I posted something? Wow - my bad. Just haven't really been feeling it. I guess a little lazy, a lot busy, and some writer's block and so on.

Gotta start taking the laptop with me to Brooklyn, because Carrie, her pal Alison (who will probably object to my calling her "pal") and I got into a long chat about music, and what belongs in the genre of "classic alternative." I'd just like to say that, after Allison delivered a bashing to a particular band, she became my new best friend. Maybe such three-numbered bands are cool to hippy stoners still in college who are so screwed up that they don't know any better, but to those with discerning tastes, it's just crap.

So much more to say, but I promise to behave (Karma and all, you know). I sense a Rule 55 approaching, and fast!

It was purely awesome, and I didn't even start the conversation! We sat there and did thumbs-up and thumbs-down to those who belonged in the category. It was too much fun.

Then we went and ate Mexican food at the place on the corner. It didn't exactly sit well with me. Yet I would try it again - even if I could only eat the goat taco that Alison had!

Now if you want some REAL Classic Alternative, then I present to you The Smiths. We can go from there (plus it's my Rule 55).

The Smiths - How Soon is Now

Christopher! | MySpace Video

No comments: