Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Opposite of Freddy Mercury

Last week, I railed against the ridiculousness of Queen using Adam Lambert in place of the late Freddie Mercury, the greatest frontman of them all. Beyond Freddie, I think we could agree with people like Bruce Springsteen (you're just not paying attention if you don't agree), Mick Jagger, Bono, Roger Daltrey, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchence, Robert Plant, Joey Ramone, David Lee Roth, and Steven Tyler (with Debbie Harry, Gwen Stefani, and Chrissie Hynde bringing some female growl into the mix).

So you might wonder, who are the worst? I mean, who flat out sucks?

For once, you don't need to hear it from me.

Let this brilliant post from Alex Young at WNEW be your guide to the odious, the obnoxious, and the just plain lame.

Well done, Alex.

For me, a great show will never be about stage design or effects. It's about energy and voice, and interaction and most of all...THE MUSIC.

Duh.

No comments: