Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Message for Cocky Phillies Phans Everywhere

So I was at the Stadium last night with little ol' Sean (who enjoyed the A-Bomb from Mr. Rodriguez and nagged me incessantly for popcorn) and the supporters of the National League team from Philadelphia were, shall we say, rather arrogant and obnoxious. OK - takes one to know one, and to the victor goes the spoils (they are, after all, the defending world champs).

Yet a few minutes ago, the aforementioned Mr. Rodgriguez blasted a game-tying home run off the once impenetrable Brad Lidge. Hmmmm...isn't A-Rod the one who is never clutch? Strange because, down 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth, you would expect the former Madonna man-pal to fold up, no?

Thus we had a tie game. A few moments later, Robbie Cano (don't ya know) and the Melkman delivered. Suddenly, Mystique and Aura were back in the Bronx, a bad Friday night is forgotten, and all is well.

So Phils Phans, thanks for playing. That's nicer than what I was originally going to write.

Oh, and I do apologize for the lack of blogging. I informed Verizon of the problems with my internet service, and they told me that I would receive a phone call before 2:00 PM to discuss the matter. What I got was a phone call at 1:59 PM from a repairman who was at my house. As you probably all know, I'm sitting at a microphone at 1:59 PM in Greenwich. So now, they won't be back until as early as 8:00 AM on Tuesday morning.

Sigh.

No comments: