Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More Media Coverage for GHS-Naples

I would be remiss if I didn't post the link to the Naples Daily News coverage of GHS-Naples. So here. They are a one-stop location for everything dedicated to the game, including the scintilating fact that Frank and Kathie Lee are attending. Well what about the other Greenwich celebs? I bet a few of them will be there as well (though I will not name names...but I know of at least one prominent baseball-type person that might be there...).

One thing of note regarding the Daily News (despite the fact they didn't return my email): they will be taping video of the game and popping it on their website all night. So that's a great job by them.

I know the Greenwich Time (with Jesse Quinlan) and the Connecticut Post (with Sean Patrick Bowley) will both add their printed voices to the mix here, and Zack Greenspon at the Greenwich Citizen and Paul Silverfarb at the Greenwich Post won't be far behind. Plus Tim Parry will do his thing as well, and Matt Levine (though at a "rival" radio station) will talk plenty about it also. And don't forget about the folks at News 12 either.

Folks, you of the FCIAC and Connecticut in general have some really good people covering you in the media. It's tough for us in today's budget-conscious age to get everything, but with your cooperation, a lot can be accomplished. SPB in the Post has been complaining about the lack of cooperation, and he's right. It's not hard to call, fax or email a few notes about a game to all of us (including me, for that matter). Make our jobs tough by giving us so much that we have to figure out how to put it all together.

OK, rant over. But before I finish, let me say that I'm rooting for a great game. I don't, however, want to root for a team. Yet with reading not one, not two, not three, but four...count 'em...FOUR Naples writers picking a Naples annihilation, it will be hard to not root. I know the odds are against Greenwich, but hey, that's why they play the games, right?

No comments: