Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Leave it to Dayn Parry

Dayn Parry is a writer for FoxSports.com. He seems like a fairly bright guy, but another in a long line of schmarmy punk sports geniuses (you can put me here but, at 39, I don't think I'm a punk).

Dayn has written a long line of rather clueless, blood-pressute raising articles, and this is one of them. As I said earlier today, I would vote for only Jim Rice, Goose Gossage, and Jack Morris for the Hall of Fame, if I had a vote. Peter Abraham of The Journal News, coincidentally, agrees with me. Dayn Parry thinks that voters should be going for Tim Raines, Bert Blyleven, Rich Gossage, Andre Dawson and Alan Trammell. We agree on Gossage, but Dayn's reasoning on all of these players is just wrong. He backs it up with statistics, and that's not what voting for the Hall is all about. It's about who dominated in their era, among many other things. When I think of dominant players in this group, only Gossage, Rice, and Morris catch my eye.

No comments: