Sunday, October 15, 2023

Packed Again

 


The tickets were booked months ago. The same with the hotel.

The car service is all set also.

See you Tuesday at five. In the morning. Keep in mind that's 2 a.m. in California.

I won't enjoy tomorrow night and will likely not sleep well. But if I do need an alarm on Tuesday morning I won't love it. Then I'll soon get over it and pull myself together.

I don't mind getting up early. I just don't like the waking up process.

It's conference time in San Francisco. We'll fly Tuesday morning, do any necessary prep, and then enjoy whatever time we have.

Wednesday is the conference. We'll be up and working early. Then we'll let off steam after it's over.

Before you know it, I'll be back in New York on Thursday night.

Sean and Rascal will hold down the fort here. I won't worry about them or the apartment but I'll worry about other things as I focus on giving attendees my best at the conference.

So today was about laundry, packing, and football.

Of course, I'm a classic overpacker. I've packed for four days when I actually need three. But I've also downsized from a backpack to a smaller bag for my computer to fit in my duffel.  Yes, I'm also an overthinker.

It will be warm in San Francisco this week. In fact, they'll be in the 80s on Wednesday.

Traveling in shorts -- even in chilly New York temperatures on Tuesday, seems like a good idea to me. The key is to wear something comfortable and warm on top. I'll figure that out tomorrow night or as I get ready on Tuesday morning.

I've made it clear so many times that travel is something I love. It appeals to my organized mind. I don't love overthinking, overpacking, and flying.

The flights to and from London were better than the previous year due to the seats I had. I think these flights are going to be more standard sardine-style.

I'm considering taking something, putting headphones on, and sleeping. That might depend on the in-flight entertainment, I suppose.

The height doesn't bother me. Even turbulence doesn't overwhelm me. I put my faith in the people in the cockpit. I have to as I don't see any other choice.

Would I drive cross-country if Hunt Scanlon asked me to? Have we met?

Sure. I'll deliver supplies. I mean, I'd want to be able to book hotel rooms across the country (and drive a rental car), but I'd be very into that idea.

Google says it would take 43 hours so that would be quite a haul. It would be Interstate 80, literally, from end (in Teaneck, NJ) to end (San Francisco). Among the various things that would thrill me would be driving to states I've never visited before. Hello, Utah and Nebraska and Iowa and Indiana!

Then I'd have to figure out a way home.

But I know me. I'd need to switch it up on the drive home.

Anyway, that's all living in fantasy land. 

Before Tuesday there is a script to read and get comfortable with. We'll do that tomorrow morning. I will be reviewing it again right up until it's time to start talking on Wednesday morning at 8:30.

As I usually do, I'll get my mind adjusted to the time change.

And, once again, I wish there was a 24-hour deli around here to grab breakfast!

* Once again, we'll do our very best to keep this insane posting going on. I wish I had enough space to write on the plane as it would occupy my mind. Given that's a pipe dream I will come up with another plan to get posts lined up on Tuesday and Wednesday before likely writing from home on Thursday night.

No comments: