Thursday, June 23, 2022

The "Road" Best Traveled

 


Question for the "hive mind," the denizens of the Exit 55 community:

How many times must one take the high road?

It's a serious question. 

There have been times -- too many of them, if we're being honest -- when, despite what you might think, I've bucked up and said nothing about something.

Oh, we can pick the topic. Heck, when you get right down to it, the company (Greenwich-based, mind you) that will never pay me what they owe me got off easy. I never named them or even really hinted at who they are.

Incidentally, I saw their product earlier today as I had my car's emissions checked, and just laughed. Perfect for cleaning windows.

Or my...well, I'll hold off on discussing that one...but you can probably guess what topic I'm alluding to here. I haven't even scratched the surface of that title wave of nonsense and the stories that can be told. The lies and utterly deplorable behavior. Yet I've said nothing.

We're not even scraping the professional stuff that could be aired out here.

Then we have the latest in which someone is disowned, still gets their way and refuses to pay anything they're responsible for. All due to petty jealousy and whatever demons are floating around.

After having bullied a family for too many years. It stops.

So, again, I ask: how many times must I take this high road? Does just walking away serve me best recognizing karma, Babe Ruth, or some other power will right the wrongs?

Do I just swing low sweet chariot and have my airing of grievances? 

After a life in which I refused to act like others, I find myself in that same spot. 

I had family members, essentially, disappear before I was born. I never wanted that to happen. They existed but they lived in a vacuum.

Yet...here we are

I was tested and, ultimately, cut the toxicity out of my life. Too many years of things being "their way."

This is no way to behave. Money, of course, is the root of pure evil and it's just not who I am.

I also won't be accused of lies.

Many of you laughed when I told you the story.

In fact, I laughed.

Do I unlock that cage and let it all out?

Have I already said too much?

Have I said enough?

The high road, bluntly, gets to be tiring after a while. The life of "Thank you, sir, may I have another?" is pure garbage.

I called it out for years. People still allowed it.

It's now over for me and for others.

Maybe that's enough.

Then again, they don't care.

They never will.

Ultimately, it will be my own blood pressure that will pay the price and that's not worth it.

Oh, they're reading. Trust me. I've been studied like the Zapruder film.

Or "The Godfather."

"Business. Not personal."

Today, they think they're punishing me. Again, I'm laughing. 

I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. Given the past why should this be a shock?

It's not.

It's over.

Done.

Make sure to tell your "best friend" this story.

Oh, wait. He's watching.

In disgust.

Horrified.

It ends here.

Consider this "the medium road" and we'll call it a day.

To quote another movie, "Here endeth the lesson."

No comments: