Sunday, June 12, 2022

Progress

 


Another weekend has come to a close. There will be plenty to do tomorrow but, for now, I'm settling down.

It's after 11 p.m. as I finally sit down to type. The dirt and dust of Pennsylvania softball can still be felt on the protective layer that covers my keyboard.

I just finished putting my desk/bedroom/office area into some form of order. 

There is still a long way to go but I feel like I took a good step. Even good steps.

The Cat will be my big desk issue as he occupies it a lot, especially thanks to me wanting to put the desk closer to the window.

He also gets another favorite window -- the one that faces out front towards the main road.

There's no way to put the desk towards the view of the train tracks and I-95.

That does, as a side note, make it a bit difficult to record from here. The sound of one of the major highways of the world creates a need for the right microphones for recording sessions. It also creates a need for closed windows and that's not necessarily ideal at this time of year.


Also on the docket today was a return to Dutchess Stadium. The friendly faces there who are happy to see me make this a lot easier for me. Lori always makes me laugh and Spencer Pierce -- Greenwich's own -- went from someone I was mentoring to a close friend pretty fast. Oh, I can guide him with stories and advice as needed but the talent is there.

He should have a pregame show. Now.

He's a master studio host in waiting. Even a brilliant on-field reporter.

Use him.

That is all.

The Renegades won and I don't think I embarrassed anyone (myself included) so I drove home feeling OK. There's nothing worse than either thinking you did a great job and driving home thinking otherwise or having a rough day. Either way, that commute isn't great.

The best feeling is on days like today or even yesterday. I just drove home and didn't give it too much thought.

Meaning I can come home and resume trying to make sense of the office chaos.

By the end of the night, I felt like I had routed some audio to get a studio going, placed things where I think I want them to go, and put the cabinet back that I hauled out of the attic this morning. Now I need to get my deposition setup resolved and maybe put some pictures on the walls.

And possibly, after that, put the TV up on the wall as opposed to on the stand it's currently on. But those are all thoughts for another time.

Progress. 

Patience.

It's funny. I often think of myself as impatient, yet, I think it depends. But, yeah, after years of feeling paused I'm now ready and I'm anxious.

A new work week awaits.

Oh, to that end, check out WICC radio (600 AM) tomorrow morning at 7am. I'll be going on to discuss the new LIV Golf mess, I mean, tour. This is part of an occasional series I'll do on sports stories for "Melissa in the Morning."

No comments: