Wednesday, June 15, 2022

My Brain Hurts


Why exactly was Jon Bon Jovi on The Beatles Channel tonight?

It's 10:03 p.m. and I've got nothing. I'm tired and just sort of done. There's nothing wrong. I'm just tired...

My brain: WHAT? No way, bro. You've got this! 

Me: Look, I'm wiped out. I did "The Clubhouse" tonight I had to try to find a parking spot on the street. Yes, the street. I let my kid take my ONE -- count 'em, ONE -- parking spot in the driveway. 

Brain: Chill, bro.

Me: No, I won't chill. I should be able to find one bleeping spot but people don't know how to park. Pull up! Move back! Don't be selfish...

Brain: OK, You've got me there.

Me: I mean, who cares? I can't write the same stuff every night. Does anyone care that I hung up old pictures that Sean created years ago? Or that I hung up broadcast-related items that might...by definition...define me as "an award winner?"

Brain: Child, please. You don't care about that stuff.

Me: Well, I appreciate what I have but, yeah, no. But we're getting sidetracked. This happens too many nights where I'm just fried.

Brain: Well, why not write in the morning?

Me: Oh, of course, that would be your answer. You realize it's more often a lot easier than that...why am I asking you? Of course, you don't know that.

Brain: Yeah, no.

Me: It's great when I have time in the morning. It's often not reality. Let's examine our surroundings. There are still bins of things that need to be addressed. There's still a ceiling and roof to respond to. There are still priorities.

Brain: And thus here you are -- *checks watch* at 10:31 p.m. -- trying to conjure up something.

Me: Now you're catching on.

Brain: So, you thought this post would be humorous?

Me: In theory, yes. Then I sat down to write. It hasn't worked.

Brain: No, it really hasn't.

Me: But at least I can forget about a Jon Bon Jovi interview airing on The Beatles Channel.

Brain: Yeah, about that...

No comments: