Wednesday, June 29, 2022

It was Definitely NOT Me!

 


Here's the thing: I've been expecting this to happen for a while.

The first message hit me around 9 a.m, followed by another and another and another and...

OK, thanks, everyone. I got the message quickly. If I was short with you it was because I had numerous people letting me know about the situation.

Facebook friends were getting a friend request from me.

Except, we were already friends on FB.

So, you know what that means.

No, I haven't been hacked, despite what you might think. My account had been cloned. The key, friends, is for you to not accept said friend request.

To those who didn't get a request, my sincere apologies. It wasn't personal. At least I don't think so. You'd have to check with my clone.

I've seen it numerous times with numerous friends. That's why I expected it and, overall, why I was sort of ho-hum about it. The fatal part is for those who accept the request.

But, repeat, I have not been hacked. I appreciate those who reached out but it's not a fatal thing. In fact, in doing my own research, I found that I didn't have to change my password. I still felt that was a prudent move and went ahead with that anyway. It was probably time to do so.

Don't worry. It wasn't my parent's former phone number.

The "panic" was probably over by 10 a.m. and I went about my day. To my knowledge, I haven't bought land in a strange land or handed thousands over to a Nigerian prince but, hey, the night is young.

I also didn't say anything about anyone's backside, amirite, John Nash? John wrote a post today that was charming and hysterical and had the feel of Michael Scott going to get an egg and cheese sandwich. Just great stuff.

Dolly the Sheep, not Rob the Broadcaster/waffle eater

But it was fun to ponder an "alternate" Rob, with thanks to Harold, who said the following: "I like this other Rob. He said 'Black is a Met color.'"

He, apparently, also loves the work of Gus Johnson, Ryan Ruocco, and Hawk Harrelson. He also loves Joey Zana...no. No, I just can't go there.

He prefers pancakes and IHop, no doubt. Probably loves Nickelback and John Mellencamp. Would take literally anyone over Paul McCartney.

Oh, it was fun to consider all of this until, frankly, I got on with my day. I worked and began to realize that I might not do "Doubleheader" at all this week. Friday is possible but...

Well, I can't announce anything yet but let's just say you can't keep a good play-by-play voice down.

Or me. Because I'm awful.

As you know.

But I bet the alternate Rob is the best play-by-play guy! He likes to exaggerate, and read a steady stream of stats but, otherwise, lacks all energy and passion.

Anyway, one of us -- me of the Rob the Alt -- will be under the headset very soon.

And the moral of this story is to NOT accept a friend request from me today.

No comments: