Thursday, December 21, 2023

Just Laugh


 

Life is too short.

If this holiday season has shown me anything, it's that. But, then again, I'm acutely aware of it.

I've watched loved ones hurting this season, missing others at this time of year. It's served as a reminder that we need to be good to each other and not take life for granted.

For me, it's always laughter that helps.

I find it sad when people get so dumb about things that they drop you or block you on social media. Or, worse, eliminate you from real life.

Some "friends," right?

The reason? Well, for one, I'm honest. I'm real. I don't like BS, to be blunt.

I don't handle arrogance and know-it-alls well. And, eventually, I'll call it out.

Admittedly, I didn't handle some of it well and I regret that. But calling people "lazy" because you ride on a high horse doesn't sit well.

The thing is, as I said, life is too short. So let's have it out like gentlemen and move on, you know? I mean, it doesn't have to be a screaming match, but people can exchange ideas and agree to disagree. That's what should have happened.

Instead, I watched as one person literally deleted every exchange they'd ever had with me -- including removing a recommendation he wrote about me (and one I wrote about him). 

Trying to have fun with it, I posted something snarky. My attempt to use humor failed as that led to a blockathon in which this soul blocked me on every account possible.

It was stunning and sad.

And a few other things.

In another case, I was removed during a person's "cleaning." Why? They didn't get the attention they were seeking from me.

I've told you before I detest enablers. So, in an attempt to diffuse that, I muted this person so that I could still occasionally check on them but not see everything. 

I figured it was easier for my blood pressure.

But, as a result, they didn't get the likes and interactions they needed.

So they dropped me.

It's just not how I am.

It's also not the first time.

I'm loyal. Always. In the case of each person, I defended them for one thing or another over the years but, as always, I remained honest.

And then? I hit the wall. I reached my limit.

There was a third situation and, in this case, I decided to politely confront. Sometimes, defending oneself is necessary. So, I did.

It's silly but so it goes.

It's too bad because, generally, I'm not one to remove people from my life. I tend to let life just happen. Sometimes people just drop out for one reason or another. In these two cases, that was not the case.

So I look at both of these situations with mixed emotions.

But I'll say this: I know who I am, regardless of what they might think of me.

And thus, I laugh.

I laugh to relieve stress and, often, hide the pain.

And I laugh because I like to laugh.

It's when I don't laugh that one should worry.

And so I had some fun at my own expense today, using the Funko Pop vinyl figures to do so.

Utilizing AI, a user can enter a bunch of parameters and a Pop figure can be created.

So, I did that, saying that I wanted short hair, a navy suit and tie, black shoes, and a sports broadcaster headset. I didn't say anything about glasses or anything else.

The result was humorous.


I know how to laugh at myself, and when I posted it on social media, I did just that thing. I noted the hair and, frankly, the weight of the figure. 

This dude is too chiseled. 

Many laughed and that was the point.

I didn't post the other one I made. In this case, you could go to Funko's website and build your own. They didn't have a headset but they did have a microphone.

Oh, and this one could also have a buddy.

So, without further ado...

He's probably still too skinny (I'm not proud of that) but the addition of the black cat had me roaring.

And so, with that, we keep moving forward and laugh our way to another day.

No comments: