Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday Night Grumble

 

I entered "vague" on Google for an image. I got this.

I just got home from calling lacrosse.

Admittedly, I'm not much for any "hot takes" tonight. I also don't feel like engaging in any trouble as I feel like I caused enough of that today.

But I'll say this. If you haven't noticed, I'm slightly private. I know it doesn't align with living on social media and writing a blog for 1,600 days in a row or whatever we're up to. Yet that's part of me. I'm an open book up to a point.

Still, even if I'm a "regular" in a certain place, I don't need to be asked where I got lunch from every time. I don't need napkins brought over "just because." I don't need to be stared at or engaged with. 

I mean, we're not friends, so just let me do my thing as I let you do yours.

Now you may say I'm being a jerk and, let's face it, I clearly am, I get that. Obviously, I'm being vague for a reason because, while I'm griping and blowing off steam, I'm still protecting the names of the innocent (and perhaps guilty).

It's hard to explain, I suppose, but I just prefer to generally be left alone in these kinds of circumstances. 

It's funny, earlier today I said that this post would write itself and I was wrong. Because of some things, I'm being intentionally vague.

But there's a certain condescension to this situation as well as in giving lessons about things when unnecessary. I mean, you guys know that I'm sort of a fountain of useless facts, including old TV shows and movies. 

I probably don't need a lesson about old actors, you know?

As I've never willingly interacted with these people, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I will do my own thing. There's behavior that I don't like, including things that I overhear that I find fairly reprehensible.

And before you prepare the texts to ask who I'm talking about, allow me to say that you almost certainly don't know them.

Damn. I guess I was more willing to offer a hot take tonight after all.

Anyway, that's enough babbling.

This doesn't mean I'm saying that I'm anti-social, even if I am a little anti-social. This doesn't mean that any of you can't approach me.

I'm just venting.

I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Carry on.

No comments: