Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A Couple of Chili Dogs

 

(Note: Not mine)

Let's see ... *checks notes*...

I boiled the water.

Threw four Walter's hot dogs in.

Heated up the leftover chili.

Grabbed the rolls.

Then Sean and I put it together and ate.

That, in truth, could be enough for tonight's post.

There's been enough silliness on the interwebs today and I've reached the point where I'm a bit tapped out.

It's standard stuff. Opinions are opinions until someone else doesn't share that opinion. Then the deflection begins.

These are just a few of the things on my mind as we open the Tuesday airing of grievances. As such, I'm willing to simply just stay quiet. I don't want to fill any "bingo cards" up.

As it is, I need to be on the road reasonably early tomorrow for the kids' day game at Heritage Financial Park. It is an 11 a.m. start and is one of four games I'm working PA on this week, with the other three being Friday-Sunday consecutively. Oh, Greenwich to Wappingers Falls each day will be an utter delight!

But, so it goes. I'm hanging with people that make me happy so it's all good.

But, yeah, back to chili dogs. I realize mine aren't that good. The dogs are good -- well, they better be, since Walter's hot dogs (since 1919) are rather pricey. We only got those as a treat.

But the chili, blech, is canned. Convenient, of course, but we need to be a little better.

I do love me a good chili dog. My chili, for the record (no shock) does not include beans. My chili of choice is meat-based with a good flavor and spice. Cheese, of course, is absolutely required.

Do I have an absolute favorite? Off the top of my head, no. There are just some that I know I like when I see them. Yocco's in the Allentown, PA area comes to mind.

I know this just adds to the list of awful things that are in my diet that I will no doubt be mocked for. But so it goes. I shall not go to Twitter to announce how I'm being verbally attacked.

Anyway, enough.

Onto tomorrow.

No comments: